The Hermitage at Solomons is a Deficiency Free Community!
The Hermitage at Solomons offers independence, choices, privacy and personal care in a service-rich, safe, and homelike environment. Take comfort in the support of a staff committed to giving quality care. Our mix of services and independence allows you to live as you choose. Services include:
- Around the clock staff to assist with daily living activities, health monitoring, and medication administration.
- Secure suites designed for safety with a call bell system, sprinkler system, smoke alarms, and grab rails.
- Private accommodations; each with private bathrooms with private seated showers.
- Three balanced meals daily in the restaurant style dining room served from a select menu.
- Full schedule of social, educational, and community activities.
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Transportation to and from scheduled appointments.
- Laundering your linens, with personal laundering services available.
- Weekly housekeeping service.
- Wellness programs to assure longer independence.
- Access to rehabilitation therapies including;
-Physical Therapy -Occupational Therapy -Speech Therapy
At The Hermitage at Solomons, our goal is to provide the highest quality of care and enhance the quality of life. Sensitivity to individual needs is of prime importance and our motivating force in the way we provide care. Our focus is to build self-esteem, encourage independence and maintain the dignity for our residents. We consider them part of our family.
An addition of brand-new, beautifully spacious Assisted Living Apartment Suites. If you would like to hear when we will be opening these units, click here.
- Private rooms with private bathrooms and showers
- Individual climate control
- Kitchenettes (microwave oven, refrigerator & sink)
- Three balanced meals daily in the restaurant style dining room served from a select menu by highly trained dietary staff
- All meals approved by a Registered dietician
- Snacks available 24/7
- Secure facility / locked 24/7
- Daily housekeeping service with specific housekeeping staff
- Free Cable TV service
- Free WiFi Service
- Emergency call system in rooms and bathrooms
- Beautiful, home-like atmosphere
- Full time on-call maintenance service 24/7
- No Community fee or admission fee
- History of long time retention of staff showing employee satisfaction
- 24 hour open visiting hours
- Around the clock staff to assist with daily living activities and health monitoring
- On call nurse 24/7
- Two, full-time licensed nurses on staff. R.N. & L.P.N.
- 24 hours medication administration / Maryland certified Medication technicians on all shifts
- The Medical Director visits the facility at least weekly
- Geriatric nursing assistants on all shifts. Highly trained staff on premise around the clock
- Access to rehabilitation therapies in the facility:
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy & Speech therapy
- In-house X-Ray & Lab
- On-site Podiatrist & Psychiatric Services
- Pharmacy services with quarterly pharmacist review on all residents
- Attached to a Skilled Nursing Facility; Solomons Rehab and Care Center
- High care giver to resident ratio
- Licensed for level 3 care
- Hospice Care available
Paying for Care: The Hermitage is strictly a private pay facility. Many long term care insurances cover assisted living when the resident meets the criteria of their individual policy. The Hermitage is licensed by the State of Maryland, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and the Office of Health Care Quality. This qualifies us to be recognized by your long term care insurance. Medicare only pays for skilled days in a long term care facility if the resident qualifies. Medicare does not cover assisted living. The Medicaid Waiver Program is a program in the state of Maryland that a few assisted living programs do participate in currently. The Hermitage does not participate in this program. The Veterans Administration has several programs for veterans and/or their spouses who served during World War II to help with payment to assisted living. Assistance for application for these programs can gotten from the Veterans Administration.
- Beauty Salon / Barber shop
- Laundry service available, including personal laundry
- Walking path around the entire facility
- Well-maintained grounds
- Across from the beautiful Ann Marie Gardens in Southern Calvert County
- Smoke alarms, sprinkler system
- Grab rails in all halls
Vibrant, fun and engaging activities are vital to stimulate life’s joys at Solomons. Brain fitness and laughter serve as an integral part of success for us. We encourage new, innovative ideas and pay attention to what residents enjoy.
- Full time activities 7 days a week with specific activity staff
- Concurrent separate dementia-specific activities
- Secured courtyard
- Wheel chair accessible Van services
- Field trips and outings (weather permitting)
At all levels, our meal and dining experience is second to none. Our Chefs plan meals for taste, vitality, and nutrition placing us ahead of our competitors. We are careful to get it right because the meal experience is such a vital part of our resident’s lives and experience at Solomons.
Baked Salmon Served with Baked Potatoes,Cauliflower with cheese, and Hush Puppies
Pepperoni Pizza Served with a Tossed Salad
Dessert: Chocolate Volcano Cake
Choice of Soup Clam Chowder Tomato Soup
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich Onion Rings Served with Lettuce & Tomato Slices
Dessert: Cheese Cake